Saturday, May 31, 2008

L-I-L-&Y...Otay!


Lily has been spelling her name...a lot. Even though she says it spells "Lily", I'm not convinced she doesn't think that everyone's name is spelled L-I-L-Y. Sometimes she'll wake up and just start spelling her name over and over and over.

Lily is starting to say a lot more 2 words sentences like "Dad's shirt", "Mom's apple", "blue towel". On top of that, she has finally learned the word "yes!". It's about time:) Actually, she started by saying "Otay" (okay) in place of "yes" which she still prefers, but it's nice to hear any answer to a question besides "No". She also has changed her "no" to "nope" which is very adorable. Lily has picked something up from me..."Mm Mm". I guess I must say it when I'm sick of saying or answering her every time she demands some feedback. It's pretty cute to hear. She also says "help" now when she needs it. I'm just thrilled that she is able to communicate so much better now.

Lately, Lily has been really interested in looking at pictures. She'll repeat "picture, picture?" over and over until she can look at them on the computer or her little photo albums. It's actually great because she's been looking at the pictures of me right before I had her and ones of her as a newborn. I'm hoping eventually this will help her understand that she's going to get a new little sister. So far, that seems to go in one ear and out the other.

One not as wonderful change I've seen in Lily is that she's a lot more clingy. I think it might have started when I went to San Francisco, but it's gotten a lot worse lately. It might be because Dave has been gone on trips a lot lately. Or it could just be a phase. I call her my little monkey because she wants to be carried a lot more and if I try to set her down she hangs on to me with her arms and legs like a little monkey. I indulge her sometimes, but being as pregnant as I am, I'm not going to be able to all of the time! She's not light!

One last cute story: a few times recently, she has added Ernie and Bert and Cookie to her prayers before bed. I see no harm in adding a few more friends to night time prayers:)

1 comment:

Melanie N said...

Bert and Ernie and definitely Cookie need to be included in bedtime prayers (they're getting up there in years, afterall!) ;)

Ang, where are the pictures of you?! I want to see some belly shots! :)