Monday, January 29, 2007

What's So Funny?

The funniest thing happened last night. Lily was nearing her bedtime, so to combat the fussiness I was walking around the house with her on my hip. To shake it up a bit and to keep her entertained I kicked my leg forward (like a forward kick in kickboxing). All of the sudden I heard a giggle. I kept kicking and Lily kept laughing! I kick forward and backwards and something about that just tickled her funny bone the right way. Dave and I just kept looking at each other in awe and confusion. She wasn't even getting bounced really as I did it. Maybe it was like peekaboo with my legs:) Whatever it was, it kept her laughing and giggling for a good 5-10 minutes straight! Then I got tired:) What a good workout! I'll have to try again today to see if it's still so funny!

In other Lily news...she had her 6 month check up on Friday. She weighs 18 lbs 11 oz and is 27 inches long. She is still in the 90th percentile for height and weight. This is great since we been doing so many new foods and trying the sippy cup, it's good to know that she is still growing well. The doctor said she looked great! On another note, Lily's top front LEFT tooth broke through today. Yes, that would be tooth #4! Her pattern of teething followed right along with the first two teeth. Excessive drooling and after the first tooth, a runny nose. I thought she was going to get dehydrated with all of the fluids coming out of her face! We propped up her crib mattress that night, which helped a lot. She got the running nose on Saturday and it was already better yesterday. I think somebody should look into that phenomenon. I know my mom said that I would always get a runny nose when I was teething too. Is it a cold? Does teething suppress your immune system so you get a cold? Or is it some random symptom of getting new teeth? Hmmmm...I might have to do some web searching on this. Anyway, Lily is doing very well and I'll try to get some new pictures up soon:)

No comments: