Saturday, October 16, 2010

MOCA Run/Walk 2010

On September 11th, we took part in the annual Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) Walk/5K Run. We had a great turn out of supporters for Chris/Nana. It was extremely emotional this year to take part is this event. I'm not sure I have said this on the blog, but we found out a few months ago that the chemotherapy was no longer working to control Chris' cancer and there are no good options left for treatment. So, she has stopped all chemo and we are trying to enjoy the time we have left with Chris. Thank you all for all your kindness, love, and prayers.
On a lighter note, Audrey and Lily took part in the kids' fun run and boy was that a hit. Well, I should say with Lily it was a hit. Audrey was a little confused by it all and I had to hold her hand to get her to go. When it came time for the big kids race, Lily was ready. She loved it! The first words out of her mouth when I met her at the finish were "I want to run another race!" She even got a ribbon. Now, weeks later, she is still talking about races. I'm going to try to find more races with kids' runs at them. Up next...hopefully the Reindeer Run in December.

No comments: