Friday, May 08, 2009

Silly Sisters

This post is going to be random and pretty much will catch up for the last couple of weeks. Above: I finally started to do sister baths with the girls. I was exhausted trying to do two separate baths all of the time. Lily thought it was pretty cool and likes to give Audrey toys, which Audrey of course chews on. Lily always insists that Audrey goes first for washing and shampoo time. Lily has not been a fan of her bath for a while now, especially when it comes to her hair. Having Audrey in there too has helped. (Thank you Allison for lending us the bath seat for Audrey! It has worked great!)

Lily loves it when I give Audrey "crazy hair". Now I understand what my mom dealt with when washing Nicole's and my hair when we were little. Lily has amazingly thick hair and it takes forever to even get it wet, let alone wash it! I'm sure Audrey will have thick hair too, given how much hair she has already.

This must be the secret Quale sister handshake:)

I tried to get a picture of Audrey's new chompers, but you can barely see them on top. I'm sure she'll be getting her 2nd teeth on the bottom soon. Audrey has actually had a few significant accomplishments recently. She can now feed herself Cheerios and Sweet Potato Puffs pretty well. I still find a few in her bib and lap, but she can get enough in her mouth to keep herself happy. Interestingly enough, she grabs them almost 100% of the time with her LEFT hand. Could we have two left-handed girls?

Audrey started rolling to her side to sleep and eventually onto her stomach. She had a tough time figuring out how to sleep that way but then figured it out and acutally started napping MUCH better (until the past few days of course). That's how she wants to sleep since every time I lay her in her crib on her back, she immediately flips over. The crazy thing is that Lily did EXACTLY the same thing and EXACTLY the same age, down to the week it started! Lily also started sleeping better when she switched to her stomach too.

Audrey has shown much more interest in moving. She is always reaching and rolling and trying to pull herself up. I can get her to stay up on her hands and knees for several seconds now. She's not sure what to do though so she flops forward onto her tummy. I think once she figures it out, she's going to be difficult to catch. Tonight, Audrey clapped for the first time! I've been trying to get her to do if for a while and all of the sudden she just did it...over and over and over! I got some video of it that I'll try to post sometime (although I have been having troubly posting video for a while now).

I bought an infant swing for Audrey for our swing set and she loved it the first time I put her in it!

We got this laptop for Lily for Christmas and she hasn't really gotten into it until about a week or so ago. I decided to give it another try and showed her how to use the mouse and choose activities. Something clicked and she caught on. She was obsessed with it for several days. I can't believe that she can do almost every game/activity on there including upper/lowercase letters, numbers, left/right, which one is the biggest, etc. I was very impressed with how she can use the mouse so well too. For a second I thought I should put it on the left side of the computer since she is left-handed, but since most computers she'll use will have the mouse on the right, she should get used to that. She doesn't seem to mind.

I'll use this picture caption to give a few Lily-isms:
"I need a 'blank' to cheer me up"
"Oh, it's so magical!"
"Okey Dokey"
"Me too!" (she says this all of the time and not always at the right time)
"I'm gonna check (Daddy, Mama, etc.)"

Lily has become more and more interested in Audrey. She loves to bring her toys and talks to her more and more. Of course, she still gets upset if Audrey grabs at her (especially her hair). It's hard to explain to a 2 and 1/2 year old that Audrey is a baby and doesn't know she's doing anything wrong. I tell her that Audrey just loves her and that's way she wants to touch her so Lily often says "She just loves you" when an unwanted tug occurs. One of my favorite sister moments actually happened twice recently. I brought Audrey in when I went to get Lily in the morning. She said right away, "I want to hold Audrey!". So I had Lily sit in the chair in her room and sat Audrey next to her. Lily went on to hold/hug/kiss her and say "I love Audrey!", "She's my sister". My heart just melted!

This is actually a little older picture, but I just like it. Lily continues to be a great helper when it comes to laundry. She'll even "fold" it. She takes the clean clothes out of the basket, shakes, them out, and lays them neatly on the couch. Of course, sometimes we have battles when she wants to help too much when I'm in a hurry to get it done. All in all, she's a great little helper!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, these pictures are too much! Audrey is looking so grown up.. and i love the bath photos. You've inspired me to bring my camera along for baths tonight. :)

Melanie N said...

I didn't realize how much they look like each other until I saw the second bath photo! Big and little sister are adorable! :)

Unknown said...

Lily looks 6 years old with her computer!