
Audrey has changed so much in just a month! As you can see from this picture, she is a climber (her hands are on my legs). If I am within 3 feet of her, she somehow works her way over to me and climbs on me. She doesn't crawl yet, but can spin herself around in a circle on her tummy and gets up on her hands and knees. She still does a face plant if she tries to move forward though. She has figured out how to sort of scoot her butt along the floor as a temporary mode of transportation. Audrey has started to pull herself up too. Yesterday she pulled herself up on the laundry basket and started pulling socks out and flinging them onto the floor. She also does that with the toy bin. She still such a little peanut that it is weird to see her standing there.

Audrey has started clapping. She did it one day a week or so ago and then just recently started clapping all of the time. She claps even if no one is looking and for no particular reason. Very cute:)

Audrey also started playing peek-a-boo. I caught it on video which I will try to download sometime. She kept pulling her shirt over her face and flipping it down over and over.

We've retired the playmat and bouncy seat so now Audrey spends a lot of time sorting through her toy box on the floor.

Audrey has gotten a few more teeth. She has four on top and three on the bottom. I'm not sure why the second bottom right one hasn't come through yet, but it probably will soon.

Audrey started a few new foods: wheat cereal, apricots, peas with brown rice (which for some reason she likes way better than just peas), and mac n' cheese baby food. Her appetite really depends on the day or meal, but overall I think she's a pretty good eater. Her pincer grasp is also much improved. You should see her eyes light up when I get out the Cheerios box!

Miss trouble. I have to very careful where I put Audrey these days. I set her in the exersaucer above so I could empty the dishwasher without her freaking out (her separation/stranger anxiety is in full swing). All of the sudden I heard the cupboards banging. She had reach over and grabbed the handles to open them, but couldn't do more than bang them against the exersaucer. I also have to be careful where I set her on the floor because even though she can'y crawl, she can roll, scoot, or climb to things she couldn't reach before.
Sleeping has been a rollercoaster. She started sleeping on her tummy at the end of April. It seemed like that was going to cure her sleeping troubles, but that didn't last long. She started sleeping 1-2 hours less at night and shortening her naps by 1-2 hours total too. I'm not sure if it was teething, the excitement of learning to pull up and roll and climb or something else, but I hope she figures it out. What a busy month it's been for Audrey...lots of changes!
2 comments:
What a cutie pie!! I can't get over all those teeth! Shea still only has two. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Fun pictures of Audrey. Thanks for the update on everything she's doing!
Auntie Nicole
Post a Comment