Audrey has changes a lot in just a month. She is much more interactive which Lily thinks is the best. It's funny because Lily will now say, "Audrey, let's do ____" or "Audrey, do you want ____?"or"I'll read you this book, Audrey". Audrey loves watching Lily play, dance, and sing. That's great because it takes a little pressure off of me for entertainment:) Audrey has entered the grabbing phase. She LOVES to grab faces so you'd better watch out. She's not necessarily gentle:) Audrey has become much stronger. She loves to "stand up" and is a pro in the exersaucer. I've been working with her to sit on her own and she is getting much better. She can sit (if distracted with a toy) for a good 15-20 seconds. Audrey is not a fan of tummy time, but can push herself all the way up with her arms straight. Audrey still does not roll over (and show no interest in doing so!). She prefers to wiggle and pull herself over to a toy using her arms (on her tummy) rather than rolling over to it. I think it has to do with being swaddled still. Lily was a late roller too. I might try to wean her from the swaddle soon, partly because I'm sick of wrapping her up and partly because she is so long, she's out-growing the swaddle blankets! Speaking of growing, Audrey is soooo long. I'm not sure how much she weighs or how long she is, but her 6 month clothes are looking like capris! She now wears 9 month or 6-12 month clothes. I even have had a few 12 month outfits on her. It depends on the brand of course.Audrey is still a great sleeper at night and is taking 3 naps a day. I'm not going to say much else about sleeping because it seems as soon as I write about it, it changes (and usually not for the better). There's no need to jinx it! We've been plugging away with rice cereal, although she has lost some interest. Yesterday, I tried carrots and she hated them! Hopefully, she'll warm up to them. You should have seen the faces she gave me!
Here is Audrey dancing away in her exersaucer. Sometimes she can get pretty crazy in there! If you listen closely you can hear her signature noise. She sounds like a dolphin using echolocation, which is why we call her Flipper sometimes:) You can hear Lily talking in the background. She was building Mistletoe Mountain (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show) out of Legos:)
Audrey playing and laughing with Dad. Again, listen for the dolphin noise. It's funny because she seems to get the most giggly right before bed.
Note: Later today, after I posted this, Audrey rolled over front to back 3 times!



2 comments:
Congrats Audrey! We knew you could do it. The "flipper" noise is super funny.
Thanks for the posts!
Love,
Nicole
I LOVE the flipper noise! It's adorable!
Post a Comment