I took Audrey to her 4 month Doctor's appointment today. She did okay considering it was right during her morning nap. Needless to say, she was not generous with her smiles. I got a good look at her tooth that's almost in when she screamed her head off during her shots. Poor little girl! She recovered pretty quickly though. Here are her stats:
Height: 26 inches (>95%) (tall girl!)
Weight: 14 lbs 11.7 oz (75%)
Head: 40.7 cm (45%)
Sleep update: Audrey's naps started going downhill again and she was only sleeping 40 minutes at a time. I was getting very frustrated because I think she really needed to be sleeping more (for her and for me). This past weekend I was inspired by my friend Jenn, who puts her little girl down wide awake for naps. I was amazed that she just fell asleep at our house completely by herself. I'd been putting Audrey down sleepy with her eyes closed, but not totally asleep. That clearly wasn't working, so I thought maybe Jenn's approach was worth a shot. It totally worked! She only cried about 5 minutes before falling asleep. Audrey has been sleeping over an hour in a row for every daytime since and she even has gone to sleep a few times without crying at all! I hope this is the answer I'd been looking for!
Sleep update: Audrey's naps started going downhill again and she was only sleeping 40 minutes at a time. I was getting very frustrated because I think she really needed to be sleeping more (for her and for me). This past weekend I was inspired by my friend Jenn, who puts her little girl down wide awake for naps. I was amazed that she just fell asleep at our house completely by herself. I'd been putting Audrey down sleepy with her eyes closed, but not totally asleep. That clearly wasn't working, so I thought maybe Jenn's approach was worth a shot. It totally worked! She only cried about 5 minutes before falling asleep. Audrey has been sleeping over an hour in a row for every daytime since and she even has gone to sleep a few times without crying at all! I hope this is the answer I'd been looking for!
1 comment:
That's great! I hope naps and night sleeping continue to go well. A rested family makes a happy family. ;)
Post a Comment